You have data in eClinicalWorks. You may be using a third-party service supporting your practice, or there is a third-party software or service with which you would like to work. These third-party services and systems could do a much more efficient job for you if they could communicate with your system and exchange data. If only there was a way to make that happen …. Oh, wait! There is!
At Mi7, we believe that your eClinicalWorks data is there to work for you, helping you enhance patient care and build efficiencies into your practice. While eClinicalWorks provides a multitude of functionality, there may be other options for providing a specific function or service better outside of eCW. We’ve done scores of projects over the years to accomplish this. A recent example illustrates what’s possible with data transfer and integration.
Leveraging Third-Party Data Transfer to Facilitate the Collections Process
Many practices contract with collection agencies to help with their balance aging, outstanding receivables and collecting payments. In these scenarios, patient billing and payment histories must be shared with a third party. In turn, the results of the collection efforts and payments made, are shared back to the practice for recording into the patient record in eClinicalWorks. It is potentially a manual and tedious process, full of opportunities for human error.
The good news is, that this process can be automated and Mi7 can make it happen. We recently developed the following solution for a client to automate the transfer of data between eClinicalWorks and their collections agency:
- Patient financial data is extracted from eClinicalWorks for those patients who have outstanding balances with the practice.
- Data is uploaded to the third-party collection agency, mapped to the appropriate fields in their system.
- Patient financial information and payment information are then transferred back to the practice, with payments posted within eClinicalWorks.
- A secure environment is used for the transfer, helping to ensure the security of the data moving back and forth between systems.
In this particular case, Mi7 created the specifications for the project, developed the process by which the data would be transferred, fully tested the data transfer, and executed the go-live once all data was correctly verified.
Other Opportunities for eClinicalWorks Data Transfer
Chances are, your practice must share and report data for a number of reasons, either for patient care or for operational or management needs. This could include:
- Patient Communications System … eClinicalWorks data can be transferred to third party CRM software such as SalesForce to facilitate communication and trigger health reminders or other important information to your patients.
- Third-Party Billing Companies … If you use an outsourced billing service, the smooth and efficient transfer of claims and patient billing is key to ensuring steady cash flow to your practice. Mi7 can facilitate the ongoing transfer and receipt of data between systems to support these efforts.
- Patient Kiosks … There are many options for patient kiosks to allow quick and easy check-in to your office. Demographics and clinical information can be gathered in the waiting room freeing up your staff’s time entering that documentation. Mi7 has facilitated several solutions allowing the correct data to be transferred to the correct location to and from eClinicalworks to support these types of solutions.
- Hospital Rounding … When providing patient care in an location remote to your office, it is important to have the patient information you need and be able to record the correct financial information back in to your system for billing. Mi7 has worked with several third-party remote information and data collection vendors to facilitate the transfer of information to allow for remote data access and documentation.
These are just a few of the examples of the type of third-party solutions for which Mi7 could provide automated data transfer. You may have other needs in your practice based on your processes.
Regardless of your needs, and how simple or complex they may be, the Mi7 team has the knowledge and experience with eClinicalWorks to make automated data transfer possible. Where others have said no, we say yes! If you have an idea, or perhaps even a challenge you’re trying to overcome and just don’t know where to start, reach out to us. We can help you develop a solution that will create efficiencies in your practice and add to your bottom line.